Here’s a quick recap of where it all stands:
- Covington Historic District Council granted Certificate of Appropriateness on 4/8/14 based on SSA’s submitted conceptual plan
- Based on processes defined by the Covington Code of Ordinances, an appeal to the Covington City Council (of the CHDC Certificate of Approval) was filed on behalf of multiple residents on 4/17/14
- City Council to hear appeal on 5/20/14. Simple majority vote of the seven council members will decide
- If the conceptual plan passes the City Council on 5/20, SSA would then need to submit a detailed plan to Covington Planning & Zoning for their review. At that time, specifics of building codes, parking, trees, etc. would come under scrutiny.
- If the City Council does not pass the conceptual plan, SSA could potentially file suit in 22nd District Judicial Court, or alternatively re-engage with interested parties to develop alternative modernization/expansion plans.